Sunday is the day to celebrate fantastic fathers! Our Sunday will be spent celebrating my amazing husband…”fab dad” to our kids!!! As always, he’s literally asked for “nothing” and just wants to spend time with me and the kids… likely fishing, picnicking and enjoying what’s slated to be a wonderful “weather day” (Phew!). Every year he just wants to enjoy the pleasures of the great outdoors and, of course, his family! 🙂
Hopefully you already have some terrific plans in the works, but if you are pressed for that last minute gift idea, here is my list of “great green ones” that are easy to find (or “do”) and he’s sure to love:
- Plant a tree – it’s amazing to watch them grow over time, so add a special one to the yard. (We have one in its ninth year… it’s just incredible and we have loved watching it grow and bloom!)
- Make a gift – recycle, upcycle and reuse! Your own home is the perfect place to find supplies to create something that says “I cared enough” to make this for you!
- Electronic solar charger – free power from the sun! And dads love their electronics.
- Bamboo knives or grilling set – incredible bamboo is sustainable and this is perfect for the grill master!
- Organic brew – ideal for accompanying him at the grill!
- Organic coffee – for his morning (or all day) pick-me-up!
- Reusable water bottle – to keep him hydrated while he’s working hard or working out!
- iTunes – no more CDs to eventually end up in the trash.
- Solar powered landscaping lights or a solar flashlight – (are you seeing the trend?) again, free energy!
- Adopt nature and animals in his name or give a membership to a nature center or arboretum – my list of favorites is in a previous post here.
- “Give your time” and get outdoors – make him king for the day and hike, bike, picnic, fish… whatever makes him happy, your time will make him the happiest!
With that I simply want to wish my amazing husband another wonderful Father’s Day! He is the best husband, the greatest dad ever, a dedicated son, and works so hard so that I can be home with our kids. He single-handedly supports our family AND he’s a published author (with more on the way!) and I am so very, very proud of him! Add to that the fact that he tolerates ME, goes along with my green ways and encourages me (always!)… I couldn’t ask for more. We love you, honey!
Happy Father’s Day to every amazing dad out there! We celebrate you! And for every dad that is joining this mom in her journey to going green… THANK YOU!